Monday, December 8, 2008

Got the Braces On- Step 1

Got the braces on in late January of 2008. I wasn't expecting any pain at all, and boy-o-boy was I surprised to see that I couldn't eat anything except for mush every time my wires got changed out! The first few months were tough, mainly due to cutting my cheeks with my braces and the constant pressure my lower teeth were feeling...but month after month got easier and easier...

The biggest surprise that I received when I got my braces was being told that I have a severe under bite and that in order to correct my bite I would have to have orthognathic surgery on my upper jaw. This surgery would consist of the surgeon going in under my top gums and separating my jaw from my skull so that he could pull it forward and screw it back in. This way my top teeth would be out slightly further than my bottom teeth (instead of visa versa, as I was told my teeth would be).

Below is the first day of braces- you can see how bad my teeth are.


No comments: