Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 15 Post- Op

The verdict on the mac and cheese from last night = EXCELLENT! It was difficult to eat and I only managed to eat about a third of my bowl before I was tuckered out, but it was absolutely delicious. And I actually got full for the first time in a while! Yay! Who knew that mac and cheese could be so exciting? This morning I ventured on the food again and made oatmeal...with a teaspoon of peanut butter in it for protein. I couldn't eat much of it before my jaw tired out just from opening my mouth repeatedly, but the oatmeal was very filling and tasty. I've lost 10 lbs now since the surgery, but with my new food allowances I'm sure I won't be losing any more.

I went to Fayetteville and got my hair trimmed today, then I came home and cooked dinner for my friend Melisa (yes, her name is spelled correctly...it's different than you think) and her family. Melisa's little girl, Corin, is my little hip monkey. She's around 20 months old and is simply amazing! I'm determined to be her favorite 'Aunt' of all times...and I think I'm doing a good job. =) Below is a picture of her, just so you can see how freakin' cute she is. See, told ya!

Here are the pics from today- not much change, really.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, excellent blog, really informative. I'm wondering if you noticed the upper jaw surgery had changed your nose at all?

Jen Hottinger said...

Hey, Conor.

The swelling from the upper jaw surgery definitely affected my nose at first and made it bigger on one side, but the more my swelling goes down, the more even it gets. I think it's going to go back to how it was, but I guess I won't know for a few more weeks for sure. I was actually pretty concerned about my nose, considering it's one of my favorite parts of my body randomly enough. Keep posted and I guess we'll see together!