Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 10 and Day 11 Post-Op

Well, it's Sunday evening and I have yet to get out of my pjs. I know, I know....L-A-Z-Y!!

Yesterday was day 10 post-op. This was a monumental day for one reason: I got to get off of my antibiotic that I had to get up every 6 hours to take! This is huge, because this means I MAY get a full night of sleep! Whoo hoo! I'm now not on any prescribed meds...just Aleve for the headaches and throbbing and Wal-Zyr (some Wal-greens sinus stuff) to help me keep from getting stuffed-up. Getting off of these meds also means that I get to sleep with Chris again. We've been sleeping in different beds since the surgery since I've had to sleep 'sitting up' and have had to get up so often at night for meds. I didn't want to keep him up all night when he had to work and all, so he's been snoozing in the guest room. It's been weird...and I'm glad I'll have him back next to me. Anyway, Saturday was great- Chris and I stayed in most of the day and watched movies. We managed to get out and go see a couple of friends..then we came back for more movies. It was great, relaxing day. Here's my day 10 pics:


Day 11 is the first day that I feel like I look somewhat normal. I'm not normal for me, but I do think that if I was walking in Wal-Mart people wouldn't stop and stare anymore. SWEET. I'm still really swollen in my cheeks and under my chin and on my neck....but hopefully that will go away soon. In my last appointment I asked the doctor how long until I looked normal again, and he said I should look like I did within 6 weeks and that I would be finished changing/adjusting within 12 weeks. I had the surgery on December 3rd, so if the doc is right I should be looking pretty decent by Christmas. Here's my pics for today:

The last picture (directly above) is the weird smile I was telling you about. That picture is me just trying to smile like a normal person...seriously. Certain muscles just don't seem to be working right now, but I've heard that is normal. I just hope the smile comes around soon...I feel so weird.
For those of you who don't know, I got a new job as a senior marketing/sales analyst for a company outside of Dallas, TX. They are going to set up an office for me here in Bentonville and I'll be traveling to TX several times a month. I start the job on January 5th...so I'm hoping to look normal by then! Until then, I'm working from home for WhiteWave Foods. I do feel blessed to be able to work from home for the rest of the month....I don't know how I would feel being in public every day.
Alright- soup time! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Oh, and thanks for the comments...I've never done the blog thing and didn't know how I would feel about putting all of this out there, but it's not that bad and I really do appreciate the comments.

4 comments:

Cherron said...

Wow. Yeah, you REALLY can tell the difference in Day 11, the middle photo.

Unknown said...

You're looking better and better every single day. I can't WAIT to see the end results. How exciting! I'm so sorry for your pain girl, hope to see you soon!! Apes

Court said...

I came across your blog while reading another blog. I had the lower jaw surgery in Jan 08. I really related to everything you were going through. Were you having any headaches before the surgery? I was supposed to have the upper & lower broken because I didn't have a bite, but they just broke the lower and moved it back. I'm not perfect, but a lot better than I was. Can I ask who did your surgery? My email is courtneybmadden@gmail.com. I'm sorry if this is kind of random, but I have a lot of TMJ and I've had two surgeries with the possibility of another one. Best of luck with the rest of your post surgery. It does get easier to eat, but it is frustrating at times. I started eating the most random things because they were easy to eat.

Anonymous said...

Wal-Dryl! I've been taking it for weeks now! :)