Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Few of my Favorite Things

These are the things that have really helped me over the past few days (excluding friends/family, of course):
This is my 'Head Bra' that has ice in it. I wore this for every 30 minutes for the first 3 days. It's comfortable, except that it's REALLY cold.



On Day 4 I was able to start using moist heat along with my ice schedule. I could do 30 minutes ice, 30 minutes rest, 30 minutes heat, 30 minutes rest. Moist heat can be difficult to get, considering you can't just use a heating pad. A good friend of mine taught me a trick- soak a kitchen towel in water, put it in a large Ziploc bag and then heat the bag in the microwave. IT WORKS GREAT! Below is my bag that I've had with me every day now....the heat feels great.


Since I have to keep my head up and am constantly sitting up, my mom got me the cutest neck pillow. Not only does it support my neck, but it makes me smile as well (on the inside, since I can't smile on the outside)




My mom also got me the "Magic Bullet." No, not that one...the one in the picture below! It's perfect for blending and pureeing....very easy to use.

Eating can be difficult. I can't use a normal spoon- won't fit in my mouth I can use a baby spoon, but feeding with that is just SO SLOW and is very messy since I can't feel anything. I found these zip-n-squeeze bags online (see below) and they work perfectly. You put the food into the Ziploc....then you stick the straw part in your mouth onto the back of your tongue. Once there, you just squeeze the bag and the food goes in! Easy as pie.


And of course, flowers. I had many loved ones send me different things, and among them were these bouquets.


1 comment:

Cherron said...

I want a magic bullet!!