Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 17 - 19 Post-Op

Hello hello! It was a busy, busy weekend....and this week is going to continue to be similar. Here's the scoop:
Saturday-
Chris and I got up bright and early at his parents' house for breakfast/Christmas celebration. We didn't really want to get up bright and early...that just kind of happens when you are in the same house as my nephews. Everyone had monkey bread and breakfast casserole (which looked amazing), and I had cream of wheat. Don't be sad for me- it was really good and I'm just happy it wasn't applesauce again! I did a little shopping with my sister and father-in-law after breakfast- mainly helping my father-in-law finish up his shopping for my mother-in-law. I can't tell you what we got since she hasn't opened it yet...but I can tell you that she will be VERY happy and that he did a good job. =) We had a late Christmas lunch and everyone ate and ate until they almost popped. I had a great meal- mashed potatoes, mashed up green beans and mashed dressing. My mother-in-law made me a special pan of dressing that had extra broth in it so that it would be softer for me...it was delicious. We opened gifts after lunch, and everyone seemed to really like everything that they got. I got several things that I loved, but I'm most excited about the cash and gift cards that I got to go towards getting a Dyson vacuum cleaner. I've been wanting the pet-hair Dyson for a while, but they are really expensive and I just couldn't let myself spend $400 on a vacuum. Anyway, I'll be getting one very soon now...and I'm pumped! I'm also excited about one of Chris's gifts- he got Mario Cart for the Wii- yay! Anyway, Saturday night we played a card game that was new to me- it's called Shang High and was sooo much fun! I was worn out and didn't realize the game took so long...so I ended up getting cranky by the end, but I loved it! I took a few pics of the kids. Only 3 of the 4 nieces/nephews are below- Griffin wouldn't let me take his picture so I didn't push him on it.

This is Hailey (my hip baby) in her 'Got Toys' shirt- prepared for gifts, ya think?

This is Blakeley in her new Hannah Montana guitar earringsThis is Samuel with his new hat and whip- Indiana Jones, watch out!
This is Hailey again- I mean, this is Hannah Montana in concert Sunday-

Woke up bright and early again on Sunday, but instead of getting up and going, I layed in bed and kept trying to go to sleep. Once the kids and everyone left I did manage to go back to sleep, but only for about 20 minutes because then the alarm went off. Oh well. I'm just a baby about sleep and about having my own 'space' to go to and keep my stuff (that won't be messed with, moved, etc) in, so staying in an extra room that is also the only toy room and having kids all over my bed and belongings is kinda hard for me. Anyway, came home Sunday and guess what? We had no running water. This was quite unfortunate, because I really needed to shower and get to a party and didn't have time to mess around. So....I went to shower at a friends house, and Chris tried to figure out what was up with the water. Ends up, the water meter out by the road had frozen because the water dept. forgot to put a cover on it or something. Chris and some dude heated it up and then the water was running like normal. In the meantime, I was at a party down the street and getting to hug and kiss on my favorite baby boy, Jace. When I got home, Chris and I watched another disc of LOST. We are on Season Four right now- it's so good!

Monday-

I did a little shopping today to prepare for having my niece and nephews over tomorrow. You know, gotta stock up on stuff like Mt. Dew, Ice Cream, Doritos, Reeces Pieces, Donuts, etc for the kiddos! Every year I have my sister Mickey's kids over for Christmas. We do dinner, go to the movies, play video games, stay up all night, etc. I spoil them rotten and let them have their Christmas presents early...and we have a lot of fun. Of course, I do this all so that I can be their favorite aunt, of course. =) Anyway, I pick them up tomorrow afternoon and drop them off on Wednesday.

As far as my progress goes, I'm doing pretty good. Talking and smiling and eating so much on Friday and Sunday really did affect me- I woke up Sunday hurting pretty badly and a little more swollen than I had been. Luckily, my mother-in-law had some pain medication and let me have a few pills to help me out...and they did. I'm still a little more swollen than I was, but I"m feeling better. Since I don't see that much change in myself on a daily basis, I'm going to start posting pictures only every few days, maybe even each week. We'll see how it goes. Until then, here are a few:

Day 17 front and profile Day 18 profile
Day 19 profile

1 comment:

Cherron said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with everyone! Sounds like fun.

I'm taking you up on the request for my own personal blog. It is in the works. :)