Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 12 Post-Op

Monday didn't seem like a Monday at all, really. Chris and I woke up to ice-covered surroundings...and since Chris couldn't get out of the driveway to go to work, we went back to bed. After lounging and cleaning for a bit, I talked Chris into driving me to my dermatologist's apt since I hate driving in the rain/sleet/ice/snow/etc. I had never been to a dermatologist before, so before my insurance changes over at the end of the month I wanted to go and get some of my freckles/moles looked at. Chris and I both have tons of freckles and moles and neither one of us has ever had a doctor look at any of them before. The doctor ended up removing three different moles and sending them off.....makes me nervous. I should know the results by Tuesday at the latest.

After the doctor's office, we went to Wal-Mart to do a grocery run. We ended up getting Chris a lot of 'easy meals' so that he can still eat decent even though I'm only eating liquids. Poor Chris...I haven't cooked a meal in two weeks! My daily intake pretty much consists of just smoothies, applesauce, jello, broth and pudding. For some reason I can't seem to get enough applesauce! Here are my day 12 pics:
As far as pain goes, I'm doing pretty well. There is a constant throbbing at all times, but it's dull now and I can live with it without pain medication. My headaches are pretty much all gone now. I'm still not sleeping well, but at least I'm working from home and can try to take a nap if I need to. Someone mentioned sleeping pills...I wonder if those would help? I'm not sure...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are looking gorgeous! That would scare me too about getting the moles checked out... I have never gone to a dermatologist either... I really should do that though...