Monday, February 16, 2009

10 1/2 Weeks Post-Op

Great news- my surgeon doesn't want to see me again until my braces are off! He told me that I'm healing perfectly, that I can try to eat whatever I would like, and that there is nothing more he can do....except take my 'after' photos once my braces are off. =) He also told me to tell my orthodontist that he thinks I'll be good to go to get my braces off in April or May opposed to June or July. I can't wait to tell Dr. Smith and see if he'll be willing to 'de-brace' me sooner than originally planned- I HOPE SO!

Since I am able to eat so many things now, I've already started gaining some of the weight that I lost this past year back. I have dedicated this week to a 'do-over' week and am getting back on track with eating better so that I can maintain the weight loss I have had over the past year...will keep you posted.

Besides that news, I have nothing new to report. My next Ortho appt isn't until mid-March.

I am definitely setting up a personal blog- hoping that it will be up and running by the end of this week. In personal news, I had a b-day last week (the big 2-8) and was blessed to get to hang out with some great people. It's taken me several years to really realize how blessed I am when it comes to friends, but man do I realize it now!

Chris was very sweet to me for my b-day and V-day....I am truly spoiled rotten. Chris actually makes me a homemade V-day card every single year, and this year the card was just precious. Not only was it really sweet, but the card was really pretty technical and he put lots of thought and work into it. See the card below- it's a pop up! I would tell you what the bottom of the card says so that you know how sweet it is....but I think Chris would probably kill me. Sorry.

Hope all is well!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is one bad ass card! Good job Chris!!!

Good luck with the do-over week... you can do it!

That is great that you might be able to get your braces off sooner (as opposed to later)... I hated my orthodontist... he kept setting the date back as to when I would get to get my braces off... I did not appreciate that (I was in the 8th grade at the time and I remember it all too well... that says something!)...

Anywho, I am looking forward to checking out your personal blog and I'll talk with you later!

- Melissa

Cherron said...

Awww, that is a fantastic card. So creative. Mucho points to Chris.

I'm so excited for you about the maybe early braces date! Whoo hooo!

And I do wish we lived closer so we could walk together or something to battle weight. Boo.